RG&E trains 33 new customer service representatives
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — After a year-long News10NBC investigation, Rochester Gas & Electric says it has 33 new customer care representatives that have finished training and are ready to work virtually.
The utility says the goal is to reduce customer wait times. This is the first class to graduate from virtual training.
“These new employees understand that customer service is a top priority for our companies, and that they represent our commitment to serve with every conversation they have with our customers,” said Trish Nilsen, president and CEO of NYSEG and RG&E, in a statement.
The new employees will begin receiving calls on Monday. RG&E and NYSEG say they continue to manually process more than 44,000 calls community bills per month.
More about RG&E billing issues:
- Public packs hearing on RG&E billing, customer service issues (Feb. 7)
- 7k RG&E bill turns into 8K bill credit which turns into a shut-off notice (Feb. 2)
- How to fight back against RG&E billing errors and shut-off notices (Feb. 2)
- Customers express frustration at virtual forums about RG&E billing issues (Feb. 1)
- Billing and customer service problems continue at RG&E (Jan. 24)
- Following News10NBC investigation, state regulators expand probe into RG&E and NYSEG (Dec. 28)
- Frustrated homebuilder encounters more problems with RG&E (Dec. 16)
- Greece housing development slowed over struggles to get RG&E power (Dec. 12)
- RG&E billing chaos continues (Nov. 30)
- New Business Spends 17+ Hours Trying to Get RG&E to Hook up Gas Line (Nov. 4)
- Business customers having issues with RG&E too (Oct. 28)
- NYS regulators launch new investigation into RG&E (Oct. 27)
- RG&E President: ‘We’re in the storm’ of customer service issues (Oct. 27)
- RG&E threatening to shut off customers for uninspected meters (Oct. 5)
- Lifespan Helping Elderly Customers Worried about High RG&E Bills (Sept. 23)
- RG&E president responds to billing issues and PSC penalty (Sept. 14)
- RG&E penalized $900,000 for missing bill service quality metric (Sept. 14)
- Hilton Man Gets $7,622 Bill from RG&E (Sept. 13)
- RG&E and NYSEG to begin installing smart meters across the region (Sept. 6)
- President of RG&E: “We’re working on ways to make billing more efficient” (Sept. 5)
- An Irondequoit man’s big RG&E bill spurs a call to News10NBC (Aug. 31)
- After months of no bills, pizza shop owner gets $6,168 RG&E bill (March 29)
- ‘We were shocked’: Marion family facing nearly $1K utility bill (Feb. 14)