Latin night for Band on the Bricks on Friday
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — There are plenty of festivities at the Rochester Public Market this summer. Here’s your guide to events at the market. You can see the complete 2023 market schedule here.
Band on the Bricks (July 7 to August 11)
Band on the Bricks returns on Friday, July 14 with Latin night headlined by Mambo Kings and Orquesta Antonetti. It’s the 25th anniversary of the free concert series at the Rochester Public Market.
The series runs for five Fridays in a row featuring a variety of local and national acts. It also includes food and drink vendors. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the shows run from 6 to 10 p.m. Here is this year’s lineup:
July 7: Reggae Night with Mighty Mystic (headliner) and Ignite Reggae (opener)
- July 14: Latin Night with Mambo Kings and Orquesta Antonetti
- July 21 with Magic Beans (headliner) Litz (opener)
- July 28 with 22K Magic, a Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars tribute (headliner), and Uptown Groove (opener)
- August 4: First annual Bands on the Bricks Art Craft and Music Festival with Into the Now, Grateful Dead tribute (headliner) and The Dawg’s (opener)
- August 11 with Donna the Buffalo
Community garage sales (April 16 to Oct. 22)
The community garage sales at the Rochester Public Market are back. Vendors will sell items including clothing, tools, home décor, sporting goods, vintage collectibles, artwork, and antiques.
You can register for a table to sell items for $35 a day on Sundays throughout the year. Vendors who register to sell will also get a parking space. You can learn more about vending at the annual series here or at the Market Office on 280 North Union Street.
The community garage sales run from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Here is the schedule:
April 16 and 30 June 18
- July 2, 16 and 30
- Aug. 13 and 27
- Sept. 10 and 24
- Oct. 8 and 22
Food Truck Rodeo (April 26 to Sept. 27)
The Food Truck Rodeo returns on Wednesday with a variety of dishes at the Rochester Public Market. There will also be live music. It runs from 5 to 9 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month. Here is the schedule for the Food Truck Rodeo this season:
April 26 with Jumbo Shrimp (pop/rock) May 31 with FolkFaces (blues, rock) June 28 with Tommy Brunett Band (rock) July 26 with iGNiTE Band (reggae)
- August 30 with Junkyard Field Trip (indie)
- September 27 with Big Blue House (folk rock/blues)