Significant damage to house in Gorham after homeowner starts fire trying to thaw frozen pipes

[anvplayer video=”5154627″ station=”998131″]

GORHAM, N.Y. – A homeowner trying to thaw frozen pipes in his basement with a heat gun started a fire instead. Ontario County Sheriff’s Deputies said that’s what happened Christmas night at a home in Gorham. People at the house on County Road 11 were able to put out the fire, but it reignited causing significant damage to the home.

Four fire departments responded. Everyone made it out safely.