Fringe Festival submissions deadline closes Wednesday at noon
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — The deadline to submit acts for the 2023 Rochester Fringe Festival ends on Wednesday, April 5 at noon. Here’s what you need to know about applying to perform and for a stipend:
Submitting an act
Online applications are open until Wednesday, April 5 at noon. You can apply for free here and choose one or more of the following venues to perform at:
- CenterStage Theatre at the JCC: Hart Theatre and Dawn Lipson Canalside Stage
- Eastman School of Music: Hatch Recital Hall
- The Focus Theater
- Geva Theatre Center: The Fielding Stage
- Joseph Avenue Arts and Cultural Alliance
- The Little Theatre and City Art Space – RIT Submissions Only
- MuCCC – Multi-use Community Cultural Center
- Rochester Music Hall of Fame
- Salena’s Event Room
- School of the Arts: Allen Main Stage Theatre, Black Box Theatre, Club SOTA, Ensemble Theatre, and Movement Center
- The Spirit Room: Bar Room and Conjure Box
- The Theater At Innovation Square
In March, the festival announced the launch of the Production Launch Fringe Fund, a stipend program for artists and companies who need financial help to perform at the festival.
The stipend program is being supported by the Rochester Area Community Foundation. After submitting to perform at the festival, artists can apply to receive between $250 to $1000 in funding. You can apply for the funding here between Tuesday, March 28 to Friday, April 21 at midnight.
To be eligible for funding, shows must meet these requirements:
- The show must be registered* in the 2023 Fringe.
- The artist(s) must be presenting a live and in-person performance.
- The artist must have a demonstrated need for funding.
The 12th annual Fringe Festival this fall will run from Sept. 12 to Sept. 23. Local, national, and international artists are encouraged to apply.
Last year’s Fringe Festival featured more than 500 acts. That included BANDALOOP, where members danced suspended by strings on the side of the 21-story Five Star Plaza building, and the Flippin Metal Circus, along with film festivals, dance acts, plays, and musical performances.