Court hearing canceled for Brandon Washington, accused associate of Kelvin Vickers
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Federal authorities canceled a court hearing at the last moment on Tuesday for an associate of Kelvin Vickers. Vickers is the man accused of murdering three people in less than 48 hours in Rochester, including RPD Officer Tony Mazurkiewicz.
The hearing was canceled because of a conflict of interest with Washington’s lawyer. Police say that Washington ran one of the marijuana operations at the center of a violent drug war.
They say Washington hired Kelvin Vickers to come from Boston to kill drug rivals. Police say Vickers killed three people in 48 hours including officer Mazurkiewicz.
Washington’s hearing was moved to November 1 and until then, he stays in jail.
See more of our coverage:
- Gang-affiliated drug war exposed by RPD included shootings, murders and arson over marijuana (Oct 5)
- RPD: Alleged cop killer hired to kill rival gang members in an ongoing marijuana drug war (Oct 4)
- Kelvin Vickers, accused of killing RPD officer, was back in court on two other murder charges (Sept 29)
- Father believes murders of his son and RPD’s Mazurkiewicz have deeper connections to the same man from Boston (Sept 28)
- Vickers indicted by grand jury in shooting death of Officer Mazurkiewicz (July 27)