Kelvin Vickers to be sentenced Thursday on murder charges
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — The man who killed Rochester Police Officer Tony Mazurkiewicz will find out his fate in court Thursday.
A jury convicted Kelvin Vickers of shooting and killing Mazurkiewicz and injuring Officer Sino Seng in July 2022.
The jury found Vickers guilty of murder for the deaths of Ricky Collinge and Myjel Rand on North Clinton Avenue less than 48 hours prior.
Vickers is looking at 65 years to life in prison.
See more of our coverage:
- Father believes murders of his son and RPD’s Mazurkiewicz have deeper connections to the same man from Boston
- What we know about the killing of Officer Mazurkiewicz and the man charged
- Vickers indicted by grand jury in shooting death of Officer Mazurkiewicz
- Family of accused cop killer speaks publicly for the first time and complains about jail conditions
- RPD Chief, Officers remember Officer Mazurkiewicz
- Outpouring of support for fallen RPD Officer