Jury selection continues for former Hilton principal accused of sexually abusing students
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Jury selection continues on Tuesday for the trial of Kirk Ashton, who is charged with sexually abusing 26 students as principal of Northwood Elementary School in Hilton.
Ten jurors have been selected so far. Court documents state that from 2004 to 2021, Ashton locked boys in his office and fondled them. One lawsuit accuses him of abusing the same boy weekly for six years.
The judge has said the trial could last up to three weeks based on the number of allegations.
See our coverage:
- February 2022: Judge reviews grand jury minutes in sex abuse case against former Hilton principal
- October 2021: Community upset by release of former Northwood Elementary principal accused of sexual abuse
- September 2021: Hilton principal accused of sexually abusing students resigns
- August 2021: New lawsuit alleges Hilton principal abused child over 3-year span, accuses district of negligence
- July 2021: New lawsuit alleges Hilton principal abused student on weekly basis for 6 years