St. John Fisher University gets recognized by Apple Inc. for innovative learning
PITTSFORD, N.Y. — The company Apple has recognized St. John Fisher University as one of its distinguished schools for 2022-2025.
Fisher announced on Monday that it received the distinction for the iFisher program, which aims to enhance both teaching and learning using Apple technology, as well as to help students achieve their early career goals.
Fisher is now one of more than 400 Apple Distinguished Schools across 34 countries. The recognition goes to schools that use Apple technology to drive innovation in teaching. Beginning in fall 2021, Fisher provided an iPad, keyboard case, and Apple Pencil to every undergraduate student on campus.
“The selection of Fisher as an Apple Distinguished School highlights the University’s success as an innovator, recognizes the compelling learning environment we have created to engage both students and faculty, and provides tangible evidence of our commitment to academic achievement,” said Katie Sabourin, director of the DePeters Family Center for Innovation and Teaching Excellence and co-leader of the iFisher initiative.
More news about Fisher:
- September 13: U.S. News and World Report ranks U of R, RIT, and Fisher on its list of top universities
- September 9: St. John Fisher serves Josh Allen’s favorite turkey burgers at Bills game party
- September 3: St. John Fisher welcomes its largest freshmen class in the university’s history
- September 3: St. John Fisher freshman follows in her father’s footsteps
- August 29: St. John Fisher offers ‘No. 1 College Food in New York State’
- June 20: Mayor Evans and Fisher’s president announce “St. John Fisher University”