Construction company founded by Thurman Thomas will oversee Bills stadium construction
BUFFALO, N.Y. — We now know who is building the new Buffalo Bills stadium.
Pegula Sports and Entertainment selected Gilbane Building Company and Turner Construction Company in association with 34 Group.
Gilbane and Turner have combined before to build or renovate 16 NFL stadiums. 34 Group, which was founded by Bills hall-of-famer Thurman Thomas, will oversee the project.
New York State approved the construction of the $1.4 billion stadium on March 28, which will ensure that the Bills stay in western New York for at least the next 30 years. New renderings of the bills stadium design were released last week.
More of our coverage:
- Bills release images of what new stadium may look like (Oct 27)
- New Bills stadium won’t seek a LEED certification for sustainable energy use (Oct 19)
- Fact Check: Buffalo Bills stadium & Gov. Hochul’s husband (April 28)
- Taxpayer money for Bills stadium included in ‘conceptual’ budget agreement (April 7)
- Seneca Nation leaders aren’t happy with plans to finance new Bills stadium (April 1)
- New Bills stadium projected to create at least 10K new construction jobs (March 29)
- Taxpayers will put up $850 million for new Bills stadium (March 28)