Ukrainian Fashion Show on Sunday will benefit humanitarian efforts
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — The Ukrainian Fashion Show to support humanitarian efforts for the War in Ukraine will be held at the George Eastman Museum on Sunday, June 11.
The non-profit Ukrainian National Women’s League of America is organizing the show. The funds will help to purchase medical equipment in the U.S. to send to hospitals for war survivors, many of them children, in Ukraine.
The show features acclaimed Ukranian designers including Oksana Karavanska, Yuliya Magdych, Valentin Skorsak, and Masha Archer. It also includes a museum tour, raffles, professional photo opportunities, and
designer clothing for purchase
Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets cost between $100-200 and you can purchase them here.
More about Rochester helping Ukraine:
- Ukrainian refugee reunites with family in Rochester (April)
- A Christmas story: Former Brighton convent to shelter Ukrainian refugees (Dec. 2022)
- Local doctors doctors collecting, distributing supplies to Ukraine (Sept. 2022)
- Local families seeking help to reunite with Ukrainian host children (July 2022)
- Saint’s Place preparing for 900 refugees to Rochester in next 12 months (June 2022)
- Many Ukrainians make Western New York their refuge (May 2022)
- DoubleTree Inn welcomes Ukrainian refugees (May 2022)
- Monroe County volunteers churn out tons of donations to Ukraine (April 2022)
- Local nonprofit establishes Ukraine chapter and brings big donation (Apil 2022)
- Among first walk-in visitors to Social Security was a 7-year-old girl from Ukraine (April 2022)
- ‘You need to ask’ Rochester’s Ukrainian community said they needed ambulances. They got 3 (March 2022)