Ukrainian Fashion Show raises money for humanitarian efforts
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — A fashion show to benefit survivors of the War in Ukraine was held on Sunday night at the George Eastman Museum.
It was put on by the Ukrainian National Women’s League of Rochester. The Ukrainian Fashion Show featured the work of many famous Ukrainian designers. There was also a raffle, entertainment, and professional photo opportunities.
“We are raising money for Ukrainian hospitals. We will be purchasing medical equipment here in the United States and we will be sending it directly to Ukrainian hospitals to help survivors of the war,” said Tatyana Tymkiv, president of the Rochester Ukrainian Women’s League of America.
All proceeds will go towards humanitarian aid efforts.
More about Rochester helping Ukraine:
- Ukrainian refugee reunites with family in Rochester (April)
- A Christmas story: Former Brighton convent to shelter Ukrainian refugees (Dec. 2022)
- Local doctors doctors collecting, distributing supplies to Ukraine (Sept. 2022)
- Local families seeking help to reunite with Ukrainian host children (July 2022)
- Saint’s Place preparing for 900 refugees to Rochester in next 12 months (June 2022)
- Many Ukrainians make Western New York their refuge (May 2022)
- DoubleTree Inn welcomes Ukrainian refugees (May 2022)
- Monroe County volunteers churn out tons of donations to Ukraine (April 2022)
- Local nonprofit establishes Ukraine chapter and brings big donation (Apil 2022)
- Among first walk-in visitors to Social Security was a 7-year-old girl from Ukraine (April 2022)
- ‘You need to ask’ Rochester’s Ukrainian community said they needed ambulances. They got 3 (March 2022)