Damar Hamlin makes appearance at Highmark Stadium
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. – Just three weeks ago Damar Hamlin went into cardiac arrest and collapsed on the field in the first quarter of the Bills v Bengals game in Cincinnati.
NBC Sports says today, he supports his team in person for the very first time as they face the Bengals in the Divisional Round of the playoffs at Highmark Stadium. They say he was taken to the locker room in a security cart prior to the start of the game.
There was speculation that he would attend last week’s game when the Bills played the Miami Dolphins. Hamlin took to Twitter and stated he would be supporting his teammates from home to focus on his recovery.
More Damar Hamlin coverage:
- Damar Hamlin watches Bills game from home (Jan. 18)
- Hamlin gives proceeds of shirt sales to first-responders and trauma center that saved him (Jan. 9)
- Bills’ Damar Hamlin’s charity gets over $8.5 million (Jan. 9)
- Damar Hamlin surprises Bills fans with photo from hospital during Bills game (Jan. 8)
- Damar Hamlin’s breathing tube is out, Bills say (Jan. 6)
- Damar Hamlin speaks in video call with Bills team, says “I love you boys” (Jan. 6)
- Doctor: Bills Damar Hamlin, upon waking, asks who won the game (Jan. 6)