Armory stampede victim will be laid to rest on Tuesday in Buffalo
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — It’s been eight days since the concert stampede at the Main Street Armory.
Rhondesia Belton is one of three women killed. Belton’s wake and funeral services will be Tuesday morning in Buffalo, and a local restaurant here in Rochester is stepping up and donating the food for the gathering after the funeral. Rhondesia’s godmother Talisha McClain said every little bit counts during this challenging time, and this is the type of food Rhondesia enjoyed.
So to have the People’s Choice Kitchen in Rochester cater and donate the entire menu for her celebration of life means the world to the family. They are thankful for the outpouring of love from the community.
Before this, McClain says she didn’t know restaurant owner Van Stanley, but now they are friends. People’s Choice Kitchen is providing a variety of dishes such as macaroni, jerk chicken, sweet yams, greens, and Swedish meatballs and that’s just a few of the food items being catered for Rhondesia’s homecoming.
McClain explains Stanley cooked more food than the family even expected. She also had other businesses donate. Stanley says when she heard of the tragic deaths of Rhondesia Belton, Brandy Miller and Aisha Stephens, she knew she wanted to do something to help the families. So when she got the call from McClain she said it warmed her heart.
- Remembering the three women who died after the stampede at the Armory concert (March 13)
- Local restaurant owner caters meal for Armory stampede victim’s family in advance of funeral (March 13)
- City responds to Armory owner’s claim of being ‘unreasonable’ (March 12)
- Woman killed in crowd surge at Rochester concert honored by medical staff for organ donation (March 8)
- Events at Armory on hold amid investigation after fatal concert (March 8)
- After Armory tragedy, security expert talks what to do if trapped in stampede (March 8)
- More questions than answers for Rochester family of stampede victim (March 7)
- Second concert stampede victim dies, third victim fighting for her life (March 6)
- City officials investigate events at the Armory; Were rules followed? (March 6)
- People, parents recount stories of getting trampled inside the Armory (March 6)